Monday, May 10, 2010


Were you counted? Did you bacame part of our country's history? Were you able to exercise your right to choose the people that will shape our children's future?

I DID!!!! I am proud to have done my part as a citizen of this country.

Despite the long voting queus, the hot weather, the long wait... I was able to cast my vote!


I almost gave up when i was not able to find the precint where i was suppose to vote. I admit, it was my fault. I forgot to check my precint number in the IDs being given by the local candidates, i can check it in the posted list though but because of the number of people looking at the list, i decided to go back home and get the ID. Too late, i found out that there's a helpdesk where you can ask for your precint number! Gosh! I should have seen that earlier than going back home!!!! And stupid me, I do not even have an ID, i was just so lucky that mama is going back home to get hers, she volunteered to get mine nalang. Thanks Mama!!!

Anyway, going back to the queu, i'm very blessed that Chec, Papa and I belong to the same cluster (various precint nos. in one cluster) hehehe, I did not have to fall in line again since they've been on the line already early on. Thank God!

Now it's time to cast my vote... we spent less than 10 minutes in the voting area. First, presented my ID, casted my vote, fed the ballot in the PCOS machine (glad that the machine accepted my ballot on my initial feed), finally, indelible ink. Yehey!!!! Done at last!!!!

I know that the future is uncertain, but i still believe that we can change it now by choosing the right person to lead us. I am not loosing hope with the system, I believe that the Philippines will be able to cope up and be at par again with the other developing Asian countries. Maybe not in my time. So i am entrusting the future of my children to those I have voted!
Go Philippines!!!! Mabuhay!

1 comment: