Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Seafarer's life....

It has been a month only since Nelson came back from Bro Glory, 37 days to be exact as of this writing, and he's scheduled to leave again sometime next week, to work again aboard the same ship.

I know that he really don't want to leave us yet... I can see the sadness in his eyes whenever he looks at our kids, Denise and Ate Bea. I can hear the silence behind his laughs whenever he tickles them. I can feel his silent wish to be just beside them, to secure and protect them from any harm, to simply be just a father to them. I know that...

I know that...I am a child of a seafarer. I can feel Papa's desire to guide us in our life's journey, to just be with us. But he never had the chance to stay here for so long, he had to leave us to earn a living. To get us all to college so we can have a good future.... with that sacrifice, we owe him and mama a lot.

I am pretty much sure that Nelson has the same scenario as with Papa.
If he could only have any choices, i know he'll not choose to have that seafarer's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment